Saturday, August 14, 2010

6 is for Next-door Neighbors!

It is Day 6 of my blog! Exciting? I say, YES! :)
Today, I decided on doing task #2 from my list, Visit a Neighbor. I spend time with my neighbors as often as I can, (I frequently bring over desserts or other things, and talk about virtually everything!) and enjoy meeting new neighbors anytime! Today, I met some new neighbors, and had a blast visiting at their house. Since they live right on the water, it was the perfect setting for conversations and dinner. We had our dinner on a picnic table looking out on the water, (hamburgers and potato salad--one of my favs!) and had a wonderful time getting to know each other. :)
Unfortunately, for many people, talking to neighbors is not an easy task! Sometimes, moving into a new area, or even talking to neighbors can be difficult and nerve-racking. However, it doesn't have to be this way at all! I have wonderful relationships with my neighbors and are so glad to know them. I say, even if you might be feeling the welcoming vibe, invite a neighbor over for an hors d'oeuvres, or bring over some treats if they are new in the neighborhood. You will be able to meet someone new and maybe even create a long-lasting relationship for the future.
I'm having a blast with this blog, and hopefully this will continue for days to come (I know it will!)!
Anya

No comments:

Post a Comment