Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Walked Through Day 3 :)

Day 3 is done! :) I have finished my 3rd task out of my "50 Things To Do When Bored" list, and I am very excited to be participating in an activity like this and sharing it with you. Today, I decided on doing #6 from my list which is Take your dog (or brother/sister) for a Walk, and I had a good time! My Dad joined me which was really great, and I had my little Cavalier dog Tory with us! We walked on the sidewalk walking along the water in the evening, and it was great to see the sparkling water and sun going down. 
Every chance I get, I really enjoy going outside and taking a walk wherever I can. Walking is good exercise and great--especially when someone important is with you. 
Whenever the times get tough or stressful, I say, take a walk around the neighborhood (the evening is the best!). Life might have it's tough times, but it important to do the best we can as people to live our life healthy, full of love, and strength. For me, walking reminds me of the beautiful place I live in, and the great life that I have. 
I would like to quote a very influential and important man from our past. His words to others were very meaningful and he brought hope to many people throughout Africa. Thank you Nelson Mandela...
"After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can rest only for a moment, for with freedom comes responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not yet ended."
My walk too, has not ended. I have more days to come, and they might not be easy, and instead difficult and struggling. I know that whenever I feel the need to take a rest I can, and walking gives me that opportunity to remind of our beautiful world, and I am so thankful. Hopefully, you too, can find something that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment